Next Stop: Legendary Style
Achieve an electric look without sacrificing comfort with the Nike Air Max 97. The full-length Max Air unit provides comfortable cushioning, while the innovative lacing system offers a customised fit.
• Synthetic or textile upper gives comfortable support
• Full-length Max Air unit resembles the 1997 original
• Solid rubber in a modified Waffle outsole offers excellent traction and durability
• Innovative lacing system delivers a customised fit
• External TPU on the heel that holds the back of the tread firm
Air Max 97 Origins
Nike's revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Nike Air Max 1 debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort—suddenly they could see it. Two years after the Nike Air Max 95 brought Visible Air to the forefoot, the Nike Air Max 97 arrived with the very first full-length unit. The shoe made a huge splash in the running world, as anticipated by its ripple-effect design lines. It's still making waves over two decades later.