Air Moves You
With the latest Max Air innovation underfoot, the Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 2 Women's Running Shoe brings fresh design elements. More support around the heel pairs with the foot-hugging feel of Flyknit. The futuristic sole completes the package, for a shoe that's as ready for your quick run as it is for an elevated look.
Arch type: Regular
• Flywire cables work with the laces to provide more support as you tighten them
• Rubber outsole sections on the heel and forefoot for durability
• The latest innovation of Max Air cushioning provides an incredible feel from toe to heel
• An added heel overlay provides more support than in the previous version of the shoe
• Flyknit fabric contours to the natural shape of your foot for a snug, sock-like feel
• A more open knit throughout the top of your foot helps keep air flowing, whether you're tackling your daily 5K or a long day
Nike Air Max Origins
Nike's revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Nike Air Max 1 debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Nike Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking colour combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.
Learn about DROP!
The drop can help you find the ideal running shoe for your training. It shows the difference between the front and back of the midsole and is very important in the feeling of the sole during the run.
This shoe corresponds in the High drop (8-12mm) category. It gives you more the feeling of the shoe instead of the surface you are on. It’s suitable for runners who run with the middle of their sole but also for those who are touch slightly on their heels.