Classic Kanken backpack with zipper that opens the entire main compartment. Very hardwearing vinylon fabric. Inside pocket with seat pad. Simple shoulder straps and handles on top. Reflector in the logo.
• Composition: 100% hardwearing vinylon
• Dimensions: 38 x 27 x 13 cm
• Capacity: 16 L
• Large opening with zip
• Two side pockets and a zippered pocket in the front
• Handle at the top, narrow, supple shoulder straps
• Removable sitting pad in the pocket in the back
• Reflector logo Fjallraven- Kanken
At the end of the 1970s, reports started emerging of increasing numbers of children suffering from back pain as a result of the shoulder bags that were the fashion at the time. In order to help prevent back problems, Fjallraven's Ake Nordin created a lightweight, basic, durable backpack with plenty of room for all the essentials for a day at school. Kanken was launched in 1978 in collaboration with the Swedish Guide and Scout Association. More than 35 years later, Kanken has straightened out millions of backs and become one of Fjallraven's most popular products. All we have changed are the colours, as well as releasing a few variants, such as Kanken Laptop.